how to fix resources not probed issues in vcs after update
Resources not probed in vcs after update
Recently i was upgrading vcs enterprise cluster from 7.3 to 7.4 on RHEL 6 and i came to situation that after successful vcs full upgrade when server came back resource group started showing not probed.So decided to share what to do if resource group not probed in vcs after upgrade.
After VCS upgrade when we start the cluster,we found that resources not probed and due to that service group will not come online and also service group gets AutoDisabled in the cluster.
# hastatus -sum -- SYSTEM STATE -- System State Frozen A server01 RUNNING 0 -- GROUP STATE -- Group System Probed AutoDisabled State B ASIA_SBU_MASTER server01 N Y OFFLINE B ClusterService server01 Y N ONLINE -- RESOURCES NOT PROBED -- Group Type Resource System E ASIA_SBU_MASTER Backup sbu_server server01
We have observed that this issue happens because types.cf files in vcs configuration folder does not gets updated. As we know during vcs update new types.cf file gets copied into the conf folder and this new file is not getting copied into config folder which is main vcs working directory. This happens to avoid any custom type defined in types.cf .
Please see below snaps as sample showing different size and time stamp of files.
# ls -l /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/types.cf -rw------- 1 root root 16909 May 16 2018 /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/types.cf # ls -l /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/types.cf -rw------- 2 root root 16486 Apr 10 14:30 /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/types.cf //You can see difference in size as expected. VCS will remove comments and alter white spaces in the file.//
These issues can be fixed by copying the types.cf file from the /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/ folder to /etc/ VRTSvcs/conf/config.
1. Stop the cluster on ALL nodes (No impact on running application) # hastop -all -force 2. Backup the original types.cf file using - # cp -p /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/types.cf /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/types.cf.$date 3. Copy types.cf file to make them same. # cp /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/types.cf /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/types.cf 4. Verify the size both types.cf should be identical now. # ls -ltr /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/types.cf -rw------- 1 root root 16909 May 16 2018 /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/types.cf # ls -llt /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/types.cf -rw------- 1 root root 16909 Apr 10 14:42 /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/types.cf 5. Start Cluster on the node . # hastart 6. Validate status of cluster after minute or so. # hastatus -sum -- SYSTEM STATE -- System State Frozen A server01 RUNNING 0 -- GROUP STATE -- Group System Probed AutoDisabled State B ASIA_SBU_MASTER server01 Y N OFFLINE B ClusterService server01 Y N ONLINE //Copying of files and hastart needs to be done on all nodes of cluster.//
That,s it to fix resources not probed issues in vcs after update.
Thanks for keep going through the above procedure.If you like you can subscribe our news letter to get latest tips,tricks and how to steps to accomplish specific task.Please do not hesitate to share this with all possible social account where ever you have presence.
- how to unencapsulate rootdisk in vxvm
- vxdg disk group import failed with no valid log copies
- how to fix service group autodisabled in vcs
- how to fix failover service group in vcs
- how to restart vxconfigd manually in vcs
- How to stop LLT and GAB in VCS
- How to freeze host in vcs
- how to add vdisk to ldom