A Kindle is a small hand-held electronic device for reading books.You download books on to a Kindle and read them on it.The latest model is the Paperwhite, which has a touchscreen, and is available from December 2012 and it is still the best seller.
Key benefits and features of a Kindle
1. Stores up to 1,400 books.
2. Special high-contrast screen allows you to read even in sunshine with no glare.
3. Clear text and fonts, and a sharp display .
4. Adjustable text size.
5. Built-in wifi/3G/4G connection.
6. Battery life of at least a month if wifi is turned off.
7. Page-turning function so you feel as if you’re reading a real book.
8. Integrates with Facebook and Twitter and allows searching on Wikipedia.
9. Never heats up like a laptop.
10. Books can be categorized or stored as collections.
11. Automatic archive function: you can delete books and download them another time.
12. Screen can be rotated for better viewing of pictures, diagrams, maps, etc.
13. Also able to read newspapers, magazines and web pages.
14. In-built keyboard enables searching within a book, a library or online.
15. You can add your own annotations to the text.
16. Automatic bookmark.
17. Built-in Oxford English Dictionary.
18. Password protection.